Thursday, February 2, 2012

Alone In My World

***Dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask***

And I waited, the sound of thunder from above the basement where I slept. Even though It was cold I didn't shiver or fight my covers for more warmth. I laid there without a sound. I didnt move, I didn't breath, I didn't blink. I watched the clock as it slowly moved through time. I could see my breath flow through the air of the celler that I called my bedroom. And then the distant roars of thunder shook my lamp and it blinked helplessly trying to get out as much light as it could before...I...slowley...fell... asleep...and away i flew.
The noise of bitter laughter in the cold city of my mind rang out through the screaching wind. Deeper I went ignoring the wispers to turn back. Step by step I continued to go deeper through the puzzle of my mind. Like clay the civilians stood perfectly still as they stood in stance before what ever froze them occured. Even though they were frozen in limbo the feeling that they were watching me continued to race through my mind. Suddenly the sharp stinging of rain bled through my jacket. Something wanted me to turn back, but I didn't. I needed to continue forward and as I moved closer to my goal the elements fought me back. Not physicly. Emotionly. Photographs flow through the wind with the dead leaves. Each photograph more painfull than the other. And as the thought of giving up went through my mind a wisper rang silently through my ears. A wisper of a nameless fear. A wisper from the beast within my mind saying "come and see" and as I moved through the graveyard of memories I was takin back to moments this had happend before.
Finally I reached my goal. Some how I knew this door was the key I was trying to find. This had been the farthest I had ever gotten. So out of curosity I opend the door. Stopped in motion the rain drops stretch around the garden. And as I hit each one the painfull icey stink followed. And there it laid. The king chess peice straight up on the chess board alone without any company. I stretch my finger towards it and QUICK was the rush of energy that followed. Through my veins it brought life in me again. Hours I spent looking at the peice untill light flowed through the branches of the tall hedges that sorrounded the garden. Without thinking, I grabbed the chess peice and held it hard against my chest as I was swept through icey fog from which I came. Motionless I opened my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment