Thursday, January 26, 2012

Simple


***I face my inner demons, my greatest friend, my monster, my greatest ally, my monster, my greatest enemy, my monster; for this monster keeps the monster in me***



Just So Simple.

So simple she says, as if I am a wall

Without love it is, and slowly I fall

She doesn’t catch me, at least not as she used to

Just a few strings and a puppeteer will do



With bullets and arrows, she pierced as I called her

Fighting its way, straight through this armor

Lies and lies is all I was made of

Till truth hits her reign, she fears my true love



I tried to fight it, I tried to tell her

Even truth it was but still never stirs

This love I felt for her, this feeling of regret

I am now different to her, something I should have kept



What I must do now, I say as I look at my reflection

In the dirty old mirror, I resist temptation

How must I live now, as she thinks and she grieves

It’s all so simple, even in truth she believes what she believes.



Just so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment